The Candidate Physical Ability Test, also known as CPAT, is a timed physical test you are required to pass when applying for a position on a Fire Department as a Career Firefighter. The CPAT is one of the most challenging physical tests around. Preparation is key to succeeding. Passing the exam earns you a certificate of completion.
Taking the CPAT in Alabama:
- Wear long pants and closed-toe shoes
- No watches or loose jewelry
- A Certificate of completion is good for one year
CPAT Testing Locations in Alabama
- Dothan Fire Department- 334-615-5530
- Huntsville Fire and Rescue- 256 851 4031
- Fort Payne Fire Department- 256 845 6250
- Mobile Fire Department- 251 208 2863
- Montgomery Fire Department- 334 240 4626
- Opelika Fire Department- 334 705 5309
- Phenix City Fire Department- 334 448 2853
- Prattville Fire Department- 334 361-3665
- Rocky Ridge Fire Department- 205 281 8048
- Selma Fire Department- 334 874 2150
- Trussville Fire Department- 205 661 4031
Contact one of the above departments to determine when the next CPAT Testing event will take place. Check the CPAT Success Guide for advice on crushing your Exam.
While your at it, prepare for your upcoming interview by getting the Top 10 Questions asked in The Oral Board. Just sign up for the Newsletter!
Did you enjoy this article?
"Receive The Top Ten Firefighter Interview Questions FREE"
Sign-up for our Newsletter and receive the most common questions candidates face in the interview, as well as other free preparation material!